www.DTSFab.com Desert Sand and Trail Fabrication for the off road enthusiast, driver, and builder - discussion forums, on line store, and advice - your one stop off road shop.

• September 21, 2017, 12:51:12 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Aftershock Motorsports:

Custom Buggy Parts     Honda 250 Odyssey Buggy Parts     Honda 350 Odyssey Buggy Parts     Honda 400 Pilot Buggy Parts
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subaru remote mount oil filter  (Read 604 times)

Welcome to DTSfab.com. Please post a short introduction .

YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO VIEW PHOTOS / ATTACHMENTS.

We are very glad you found us. Membership is free to all.
If you like what you are reading why not sign up as a member so you can see all of what DTS has to offer?

For those that like a bit more risque,less PG atmosphere we have the VIP room for only $20.00 a year.

Whichever membership you choose you will find a wealth of information to help you along with your project whether it be for Desert Trail or Sand.

Please enjoy the site.

By the way; this pesky message goes away when you join! What are you waiting for? Join Now.

big dave

• Fabricator
Subaru remote mount oil filter
« on: July 28, 2016, 07:34:03 AM »
Do any of the Subaru guys run a remote mount oil filter? so far all I have located is a cheap china one. I  would like to have something billet aluminum. just for strength alone. the plain is to cut down the oil pan. then run the motor cage right between the exhaust header and the pan. but the filter is in the way on the drivers side. this would give me the best ground clearance.  I'm been thanking, I could turn one out on the lathe.  if I could find one I like it would save some time.  5:

budlight69

• Fabricator
Re: Subaru remote mount oil filter
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 08:34:48 AM »
Don't know of a remote, but I bet someone sells one.  Outfront would be the best source to ask.  When shorten the pan use a heavy gauge plate for the bottom so you don't cave it in on a hard hit.  Outfront adds a round bar stock to the bottom of their oil pickups so the pickup won't slam flat to the oil pan bottom and run dry on oil.  See pic in this link: http://www.outfrontmotorsports.com/oil_pan.htm#Oil Sump

Also plan your return water line carefully when fabbing engine mounts and rear frame.  Mine was a bear to fit it all in. 

fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 08:57:36 AM »
Don't know of a remote, but I bet someone sells one.  Outfront would be the best source to ask.  When shorten the pan use a heavy gauge plate for the bottom so you don't cave it in on a hard hit.  Outfront adds a round bar stock to the bottom of their oil pickups so the pickup won't slam flat to the oil pan bottom and run dry on oil.  See pic in this link: http://www.outfrontmotorsports.com/oil_pan.htm#Oil Sump

Also plan your return water line carefully when fabbing engine mounts and rear frame.  Mine was a bear to fit it all in.

What did Mike build for his remote filter Mitch?

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

big dave

• Fabricator
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 09:36:52 AM »

Good call on the cooling return line. need to look at it as well. I might need to shoot it out the side not so much under the motor. but then it will be right against the header. it would be nice if it went straight out of the block. the 90* neck limits you.

Punkur67

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 08:02:30 AM »
Im pretty sure I have a shortened pan and might be taking off a 6 qt cast aluminium pan that is short as well. I also have other parts in the garage from some mods I made to my subie.

Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

big dave

• Fabricator
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 02:10:07 PM »
Im pretty sure I have a shortened pan and might be taking off a 6 qt cast aluminium pan that is short as well. I also have other parts in the garage from some mods I made to my subie.
. I would be interested in seeing what you have. Was plaining on cutting down my pan. The one thing is this is a 2.0 motor.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:13:13 PM by big dave »

Punkur67

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 09:31:12 PM »
My stuff came from a 2.0 too. Let me look and see what I have

Punkur67

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 09:54:46 PM »
I found a shortened oil pan, reversed water crossover, turbo j tube, and a oil filler

big dave

• Fabricator
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 10:31:54 PM »
Dam, I just ordered the oil  filler today. I already have the reverse radiator crossover. I  would be interested in the oil pan.  What's the turbo J-tube look like?  Maybe post some pics of the pan and J tube.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:33:33 PM by big dave »

Punkur67

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 05:24:16 AM »
Here's what I found

big dave

• Fabricator
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 11:44:43 AM »
Punk I sent you a PM
Pages: [1]   Go Up