www.DTSFab.com Desert Sand and Trail Fabrication for the off road enthusiast, driver, and builder - discussion forums, on line store, and advice - your one stop off road shop.

• July 22, 2017, 08:50:25 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Arizona Transaxle - member and sponsor of DTSfab.com - offering member's discounts for transaxle repairs and drive line components including Mendeola, Albins, and Sandrail Bus Box (091)
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Weekend.  (Read 264 times)

Welcome to DTSfab.com. Please post a short introduction .

YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO VIEW PHOTOS / ATTACHMENTS.

We are very glad you found us. Membership is free to all.
If you like what you are reading why not sign up as a member so you can see all of what DTS has to offer?

For those that like a bit more risque,less PG atmosphere we have the VIP room for only $20.00 a year.

Whichever membership you choose you will find a wealth of information to help you along with your project whether it be for Desert Trail or Sand.

Please enjoy the site.

By the way; this pesky message goes away when you join! What are you waiting for? Join Now.

Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
My Weekend.
« on: March 14, 2016, 01:00:52 PM »
I have chased race cars for a long time.  Mom enjoyed midgets before I came into the world.  I guess it was instilled in me very early on.  We would listen to the Indy 500 on AM radio before live TV. 

Up and down the west coast.  Back to the east coast.  Have met lots of folks, lots of drivers and owners.  Been in suites, been on hot hillsides.  Loaded up wrecked midgets at midnight for a three hour drive home.  Been in the rain, the cold, the fog.  Rode our dirt bikes to Sprockets and flagged corners for $5.00 in pay in Junior High.  Drank beer in a garage in Bakersfield with Stewart and Mears long before they were big time.  Followed Harvick from his days in a Ken Small ride.  Met Dick Trickle before ESPN found out he had a fun name.  More Saturday and Sunday nights at Mesa Marin Raceway and the Okie Bowl then I care to remember.  Places that long ago faced the wrecking ball like Ascot Park and Riverside.  Mourned too many drivers in the process.  Drag races, sprint cars, Indy cars, Champ cars, F1, drag boats, off road, motocross, ALMS, etc.  If it had a motor, went fast and cost more than I could afford; I was game.  This experience topped them all. 

Dumb luck or good fortune. Jeff Moore with ATI Restoration was kind enough to invite me to a VIP experience with Lowes. Figured maybe a suite, etc. NOPE. Limo ride from ATI to PIR. Hot Pass and then Karissa Santiago. Everybody needs a Karisa at the races. She loaded us into a golf cart. She had a “Hard Card.” From the hospitality tent, to the garage, to the drivers coach area, a meet and great with six time, Jimmie Johnson, MRO, race hauler, pit box, starting line with National Anthem, fly over, etc. A total VIP deal. Sat behind Chad Knaus during the race on the pit box. I know so many folks that gave so much to their passion for the sport. Part of me felt guilty that I got to do this instead of them.

I will still go to races.  Not so much the big events. NOTHING will top this as a race event. I guess I get to go out with a top notch experience?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-hYaWu7qHMQ&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/-hYaWu7qHMQ&rel=0</a>

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand

Re: My Weekend.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 01:11:35 PM »
I have chased race cars for a long time.  Mom enjoyed midgets before I came into the world.  I guess it was instilled in me very early on.  We would listen to the Indy 500 on AM radio before live TV. 

Up and down the west coast.  Back to the east coast.  Have met lots of folks, lots of drivers and owners.  Been in suites, been on hot hillsides.  Loaded up wrecked midgets at midnight for a three hour drive home.  Been in the rain, the cold, the fog.  Rode our dirt bikes to Sprockets and flagged corners for $5.00 in pay in Junior High.  Drank beer in a garage in Bakersfield with Stewart and Mears long before they were big time.  Followed Harvick from his days in a Ken Small ride.  Met Dick Trickle before ESPN found out he had a fun name.  More Saturday and Sunday nights at Mesa Marin Raceway and the Okie Bowl then I care to remember.  Places that long ago faced the wrecking ball like Ascot Park and Riverside.  Mourned too many drivers in the process.  Drag races, sprint cars, Indy cars, Champ cars, F1, drag boats, off road, motocross, ALMS, etc.  If it had a motor, went fast and cost more than I could afford; I was game.  This experience topped them all. 

Dumb luck or good fortune. Jeff Moore with ATI Restoration was kind enough to invite me to a VIP experience with Lowes. Figured maybe a suite, etc. NOPE. Limo ride from ATI to PIR. Hot Pass and then Karissa Santiago. Everybody needs a Karisa at the races. She loaded us into a golf cart. She had a “Hard Card.” From the hospitality tent, to the garage, to the drivers coach area, a meet and great with six time, Jimmie Johnson, MRO, race hauler, pit box, starting line with National Anthem, fly over, etc. A total VIP deal. Sat behind Chad Knaus during the race on the pit box. I know so many folks that gave so much to their passion for the sport. Part of me felt guilty that I got to do this instead of them.

I will still go to races.  Not so much the big events. NOTHING will top this as a race event. I guess I get to go out with a top notch experience?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hYaWu7qHMQ

OK I'm going to report you the the mod's.  To dam much fun for anyone person to have.  That's it, Fabr  ban this guy from having so much fun.    5:

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 08:49:32 PM »
His admin privs and welllll,,,,,everything is gone . The nerve of yummi to have all that fun and priveledge and not demand we be included!!!!!!

LUCKY GUY!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 05:18:22 AM »
I need about 5yrs to catch up, so rest here til then!!!

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.
Pages: [1]   Go Up