www.DTSFab.com Desert Sand and Trail Fabrication for the off road enthusiast, driver, and builder - discussion forums, on line store, and advice - your one stop off road shop.

• July 26, 2017, 02:41:58 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Doug Heim's Cutting Edge Performance found at DTSFab.com dune and mini buggy fabrication supplies and parts with DTSFab.com member discounts.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: EPA Rule To Ban Car Modification  (Read 1444 times)

Welcome to DTSfab.com. Please post a short introduction .

YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO VIEW PHOTOS / ATTACHMENTS.

We are very glad you found us. Membership is free to all.
If you like what you are reading why not sign up as a member so you can see all of what DTS has to offer?

For those that like a bit more risque,less PG atmosphere we have the VIP room for only $20.00 a year.

Whichever membership you choose you will find a wealth of information to help you along with your project whether it be for Desert Trail or Sand.

Please enjoy the site.

By the way; this pesky message goes away when you join! What are you waiting for? Join Now.

Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
EPA Rule To Ban Car Modification
« on: February 12, 2016, 11:23:06 AM »
I have had just about as much as I can stand from these UN-elected asshats..
From the idiots pulling a plug in the King Gold mine and poisoning water in 3 states http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29504957/epa-employee-charge-gold-king-mine-knew-blowout (by the way, the EPA will probably get "superfunding" to fix the problem they've created) to the lax in regulations toward So-cal gas and nearly ZERO response to the MASSIVE Porter Ranch methane leak that is still ongoing, along with the Flint MI water crisis... They are more concerned about us modifying our engines to accomplish more efficient power and economy, usually by removing their mandated emissions bullshit, all by sneaking the wording of it into other legislation, as usual..
Anybody else read into this BS?? I imagine SEMA IS pretty heated up over this and rightfully should be.
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/48/4894.asp

Usually I wouldn't get this pissed off. But our sister shop in Omaha just got a $2500 fine for not having an "EPA approved" air blowgun in the bodyshop.   !!

I no longer grant the permission for ANY alphabet agency to rule over my life, period. 

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

fabr

• Administrator
Re: EPA Rule To Ban Car Modification
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 03:38:41 PM »
I agree but your permission is not needed for Uncle Sam to have anal sex with you .

"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 08:38:28 PM »
Government's job is to serve government. 

Just the latest in a very long erosion of our liberties.  Sooner or later the revolt will begin.  Till then, we are all just serfs.

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Yummi

• Administration
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 08:41:31 PM »
On the specific rule, SEMA may be pissed, but the manufacturers are not.  A few years back some were asserting that with software a car now constitutes a users license.  The concept being you could never "own" and or modify the car. 

Trust me:  Manufacturers support this rule. 

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 09:19:56 PM »
On the specific rule, SEMA may be pissed, but the manufacturers are not.  A few years back some were asserting that with software a car now constitutes a users license.  The concept being you could never "own" and or modify the car. 

Please explain. I guess I'm a bit confused.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 09:21:33 PM »
OH!,I guess you meant the OEM manufacturers like it. I see now.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Yummi

• Administration
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 09:31:34 PM »
OH!,I guess you meant the OEM manufacturers like it. I see now.

Yes.

I could almost see the wheels turning in your head from my house.  BTW, check the bearing under the left ear lobe.  Looked like some sparks were flying off?

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 10:23:04 PM »
it was the muffler bearing..................

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 12:22:46 AM »

Exactly! And many executives from "Big Auto" can be quoted saying this in not such a round about way. Gotta ease the public into their system I suppose..
Where I get my giggles after my anger is the thought of no matter what they do to keep us from modifying their garbage, we are going to hack it anyway, figure out how it ticks, unbolt all the unnecessary scams, build it stronger, make it  breath fire, shake the ground it rolls upon, and give them a great big ole "F YOU" while we are doing it.

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

jersdunz

• Grunt worker
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 11:03:49 AM »
John Deere is already doing this full stop.!!
No one can service a john deere product except their own techs.
A 50 Dollar Sensor requires a $500 service Visit.

Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 06:59:23 AM »
I remember something a yr or so back with one of the programmer companies.  The programmer could mod the motor power and other things but couldn't turn off the check engine light. 

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Yummi

• Administration
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 07:22:27 AM »
I know that Cat currently employs a device that will allow them to limit /stop a machine in the event payment is not posted.  Very useful in third world and developing countries.  Sub prime auto lenders hard wire a GPS tracker to the car.  Just a question of when, not if, a car becomes a device that is controlled via the OEM from start to wrecking yard.  Yearly subscription fees for the programming to run the motor, etc.  It will be touted as a new "revenue stream" for manufacturers.  Effectively all cars will be leased.  Welcome to serfdom.

dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 07:53:14 AM »
i have to agree with the lease idea, that has been a new revenue stream for them.  although when the lease is up i wonder if they are going to start secondary lease's lol this is all a way to remove more of our freedoms. i am sure it will get passed quietly behind closed doors during some look at that moment like another school or mall shooting.

Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 07:59:28 AM »
I have had just about as much as I can stand from these UN-elected asshats..
From the idiots pulling a plug in the King Gold mine and poisoning water in 3 states http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29504957/epa-employee-charge-gold-king-mine-knew-blowout (by the way, the EPA will probably get "superfunding" to fix the problem they've created) to the lax in regulations toward So-cal gas and nearly ZERO response to the MASSIVE Porter Ranch methane leak that is still ongoing, along with the Flint MI water crisis... They are more concerned about us modifying our engines to accomplish more efficient power and economy, usually by removing their mandated emissions bullshit, all by sneaking the wording of it into other legislation, as usual..
Anybody else read into this BS?? I imagine SEMA IS pretty heated up over this and rightfully should be.
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/48/4894.asp

Usually I wouldn't get this pissed off. But our sister shop in Omaha just got a $2500 fine for not having an "EPA approved" air blowgun in the bodyshop.   !!

I no longer grant the permission for ANY alphabet agency to rule over my life, period.
The unelected are not the problem.It's the elected asshats that condone their actions by not putting a stop to it that are the problem.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Yummi

• Administration
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 08:59:49 AM »
i have to agree with the lease idea, that has been a new revenue stream for them.  although when the lease is up i wonder if they are going to start secondary lease's lol this is all a way to remove more of our freedoms. i am sure it will get passed quietly behind closed doors during some look at that moment like another school or mall shooting.

They will be scrapped.  A make work program if you will.  Already we see pay as you play ideas.  Think Progressive "snap shot"  Oregon is planing a per mile tax as gas tax falls with price of gas.  Driving will become very expensive. 

Fabr, IDK.  The power to regulate was long ago ceded to career bureaucrats. Even at the local level with various agencies. Think IRS scandal, VA dealio, EPA failures in Colorado, any agency that has letters.    Congress says "too complex" which in many respects it is.  All done under absolute impunity.  The concept of "deep state" seems all to real. 

Nobody seems to connect the dots, and if you do, you is tin hat.   

Screw it, what are the Kardashians up to these days?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up