www.DTSFab.com Desert Sand and Trail Fabrication for the off road enthusiast, driver, and builder - discussion forums, on line store, and advice - your one stop off road shop.

• September 22, 2017, 11:07:08 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Aftershock Motorsports:

Custom Buggy Parts     Honda 250 Odyssey Buggy Parts     Honda 350 Odyssey Buggy Parts     Honda 400 Pilot Buggy Parts
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Just helping a fellow dunner in a bad situation  (Read 1150 times)

Welcome to DTSfab.com. Please post a short introduction .

YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO VIEW PHOTOS / ATTACHMENTS.

We are very glad you found us. Membership is free to all.
If you like what you are reading why not sign up as a member so you can see all of what DTS has to offer?

For those that like a bit more risque,less PG atmosphere we have the VIP room for only $20.00 a year.

Whichever membership you choose you will find a wealth of information to help you along with your project whether it be for Desert Trail or Sand.

Please enjoy the site.

By the way; this pesky message goes away when you join! What are you waiting for? Join Now.

fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

Re: Just helping a fellow dunner in a bad situation
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 09:33:54 PM »
always a sad thing to hear. how old is that rail?

Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 06:27:20 AM »
always a sad thing to hear. how old is that rail?

Looks like one of Yoshi's first gen rails.  I remember he used that picture with the lighted whips on his front webb page for a while back when.   No sheet metal on the sides up front and I think he has since changed the looks of the back end and fuel tank placement.  Still a good buy at the price.  i told Sylvia that would make a good Waynoka car for us. Well you know what I got from that  5: 5: :slp :slp

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 06:30:09 AM »
I see Fabr is not commenting.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 06:57:54 AM »
Fabr will comment, he just ain't out of bed yet.  LMAO

D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 07:02:16 AM »
But it and let the trash talking begin.  rofl

dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 07:09:22 AM »
Looks like one of Yoshi's first gen rails.  I remember he used that picture with the lighted whips on his front webb page for a while back when.   No sheet metal on the sides up front and I think he has since changed the looks of the back end and fuel tank placement.  Still a good buy at the price.  i told Sylvia that would make a good Waynoka car for us. Well you know what I got from that  5: 5: :slp :slp

fast goes with mrs fast's no on this one lol yoshi does do some nice finish work but looks incomplete compared to his others and i believe he makes a stout chassis but a damn heavy chassis! after all these years of building i have had 3 of the 22 turnkey rails i have built come up for sale used. i have tried bike engines from 900 ninja to the turbo busa now. def want a rail under 1100 lbs and all my first gen were under 900 lbs wet and it does make a huge diff.  with your shop you could build a new one for less than he is asking.

d walker he did make a comment on glamis dunes  rofl rofl some might think it may hurt the sell but it actually should help it.  my current mini ( midi) either needs to go on a diet at 1300lbs wet or more tq!! lol

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 08:26:36 AM »
That car is the fugliest thing I have ever seen. I drove by his shop last week,we have a vendor about a block from him. I saw that smart car project still sitting about 20 feet in the air on a rack. I saw what appeared to be his first car sitting on the roof of the building. I saw a SXS unfinished sitting in the air on a rack. I also saw evidence of his storm shelter business but little sign of him still building the best sand car  Sarcasm  ever designed.

Edit to say ,ALL of his cars are the ugliest sand cars ever built.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:29:54 AM by fabr »

"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein  (IT'S OFFICIAL THAT DAY IS HERE NOW!)

Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 09:44:18 AM »
Imo this is not a bad deal for someone that does not have the means to build a car from scratch... Good thing is it does not have an unreliable reverse box in it. Now we all know that Fabber is Yoshi's long time buddy  Sarcasm , so those comments are expected... Since we all have our own opinions... I actually like the look of his newer sand cars. I don't like everything about them… But The way they look has always been appealing to me. Not so much this older style. But if somebody wanted to do some bodywork too it, they can fill in that front end. I am in the market to build a 2 seater once I finally complete my busa single seat car this fall. I am still unsure which way I will go, but if I knew it wouldn't piss off the wife, I would consider buying this one for myself and making it my own.

dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 10:19:11 AM »
with the full skin they do look better but (i'm a little biased) i have never been a big fan of the look either as a stripped down chassis or fully skinned. he does do some nice finish work though. the frame just looks to me like a frame stacked on top of another frame but hey that's just me. like i said i think he builds a stout frame be it a heavy one but still. there is only 1 reverse box build that i know of that has proved to be reliable but other than that i don't know of one.

Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »
with the full skin they do look better but (i'm a little biased) i have never been a big fan of the look either as a stripped down chassis or fully skinned. he does do some nice finish work though. the frame just looks to me like a frame stacked on top of another frame but hey that's just me. like i said i think he builds a stout frame be it a heavy one but still. there is only 1 reverse box build that i know of that has proved to be reliable but other than that i don't know of one.

Talking about fabers reverse I take it?

dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 12:11:23 PM »
yep

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2015, 01:34:54 PM »
I have never said otherwise concerning his workmanship.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein  (IT'S OFFICIAL THAT DAY IS HERE NOW!)

dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 01:35:55 PM »
i know

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2015, 01:39:02 PM »
Imo this is not a bad deal for someone that does not have the means to build a car from scratch... Good thing is it does not have an unreliable reverse box in it. Now we all know that Fabber is Yoshi's long time buddy  Sarcasm , so those comments are expected... Since we all have our own opinions... I actually like the look of his newer sand cars. I don't like everything about them… But The way they look has always been appealing to me. Not so much this older style. But if somebody wanted to do some bodywork too it, they can fill in that front end. I am in the market to build a 2 seater once I finally complete my busa single seat car this fall. I am still unsure which way I will go, but if I knew it wouldn't piss off the wife, I would consider buying this one for myself and making it my own.
Put a full body over it and it would be fine. Hiding all that hideous chassis would be the best mod ever made to it. ;)  Then ,NEVER ,ever,tell anyone what's under the body. Be a nice car then. Price ,well,not too bad.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up