www.DTSFab.com Desert Sand and Trail Fabrication for the off road enthusiast, driver, and builder - discussion forums, on line store, and advice - your one stop off road shop.

• July 22, 2017, 08:36:02 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Arizona Transaxle - member and sponsor of DTSfab.com - offering member's discounts for transaxle repairs and drive line components including Mendeola, Albins, and Sandrail Bus Box (091)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Have a Safe 4th!!  (Read 798 times)

Welcome to DTSfab.com. Please post a short introduction .

YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO VIEW PHOTOS / ATTACHMENTS.

We are very glad you found us. Membership is free to all.
If you like what you are reading why not sign up as a member so you can see all of what DTS has to offer?

For those that like a bit more risque,less PG atmosphere we have the VIP room for only $20.00 a year.

Whichever membership you choose you will find a wealth of information to help you along with your project whether it be for Desert Trail or Sand.

Please enjoy the site.

By the way; this pesky message goes away when you join! What are you waiting for? Join Now.

fabr

• Administrator
Have a Safe 4th!!
« on: July 04, 2015, 02:01:42 PM »
I love the fireworks and stuff but this is getting to be a hassle every year. I swear I'm going to the dunes for the 4th next year no matter how hot it is. ;D ;D ???

"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
Re: Have a Safe 4th!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 02:57:05 PM »
Happy Birthday America

Be safe everyone

Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 06:18:14 PM »
We only do the city ones here.  Far enough away where the dogs can't hear them.  Good for us. 

Happy happy. 

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 06:50:31 PM »
enjoy all and don't blow a finger off lol

Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 05:44:36 AM »
If only this guy had been a DTSfab member, he could have seen our safty message.

Man shoots off firework from top of his head, dies instantly
Associated Press
10 hours ago



CALAIS, Maine (AP) — A 22-year-old man who was drinking and celebrating the Fourth of July tried to launch a firework off the top of his head, killing him instantly, authorities said Sunday.

Devon Staples and his friends had been drinking and setting off fireworks Saturday night in the backyard of a friend's home in eastern Maine, said Stephen McCausland, a spokesman for the state Department of Public Safety.

Staples, 22, of Calais, a small city on the Canadian border, placed a reloadable fireworks mortar tube on his head and told his friends he was going to light it, McCausland said. But his friends urged him to stop.

"Apparently, he thought that was a great idea," McCausland said. "His friends they thought dissuaded him from doing it, and the next thing they knew, he ignited the fireworks and he was killed instantly."

Staples's brother Cody told the Daily News of New York that he was a few feet away when his brother lit the firework and was the first to come to his side after it exploded.

"There was no rushing him to the hospital. There was no Devon left when I got there," said 25-year-old Cody Staples, who called it an accident.

"Devon was not the kind of person who would do something stupid. He was the kind of person who would pretend to do something stupid to make people laugh," he said.

Staples' death is the first fireworks fatality in Maine since the state legalized fireworks on Jan. 1, 2012, authorities said.

Lawmakers had voted to repeal a 1949 law banning fireworks, reasoning the industry would create jobs and generate revenue.

State fire marshals were also investigating several other Fourth of July fireworks accidents involving injuries in Friendship, Jefferson, Lebanon and Woodstock. They said most of the accidents involved burns and eye injuries.

In Montana on Saturday, a 32-year-old man was killed at a Billings home in a fireworks accident involving a mortar tube.

And in New Jersey, a 52-year-old man blew off a large piece of his left leg below the knee when he set off a tennis-ball sized firework in Leonia.

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 05:47:30 AM »
Well,there goes mortars. Thanks a lot dumbass.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

Yummi

• Administration
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 07:15:12 AM »
If only this guy had been a DTSfab member, he could have seen our safty message.

We forgot to say not to play with explosives when intoxicated.  Our message would have failed and we would be sued. 

The comments from some are silly. "He got what he wanted"  "Darwin"  etc.  We have all made mistakes.  Some more tragic than others. 

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 07:39:11 AM »
I gotta admit I'd not have thought it would be lethal,just dumb as all get out.  Ya,I've done a lot of dumb stuff. Trouble is that mortars will be banned in a lot more places now. I'd bet a buck on that .
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:41:18 AM by fabr »

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

BDKW1

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 04:26:46 PM »
Speaking of mortars, I had a large number blow in the tube this year. Fortunately I was smart enough not to put them on My head.

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 07:00:40 PM »
We shot 200 mortars this year. Only one tube fired. We had better luck this year than in years past.  Many times,in the past,we would intentionally put the mortar in upside down. Made a NICE boom. I stopped that crap after one totally disintegrated a reinforced tube. We never found any piece of the tube-ever. Decided that was a dumb thing to be doing...................... rofl
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:06:34 PM by fabr »

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

BDKW1

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 07:18:09 PM »
I always put the last one of the set in upside down. Never use the tube for more rounds than came in the box.

Yummi

• Administration
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 07:33:49 PM »
Here in the west not so much.  Some parts of Nevada, New Mexico.  But for the most part; nope.  "Safe and sane" if at all  BORING.

I  should have gone to fabrs for the 4th.  LMAO

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 08:19:56 PM »
Bdkw,I always save the reinforced black polyethylene tubes. No other kind is kept and reused. We ganger 50 tubes at a time together with cannon fuse. Light once,stand back and enjoy. Did that 4 times and set off cakes and other stuff between rounds of mortars. Took over 3.5 hours to shoot all the crap we had. My son,daughter,a good friend and myself go crazy together each year...... We spent,collectively over $1K. Hell,the city  spent $8K for the city display and it was over in 20 minutes.   LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 08:21:23 PM »
Yummi,you would be welcome if you happen to be in Kansas next year,unless I break tradition and hit the dunes next year....................

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Yummi

• Administration
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 06:07:02 AM »
Well Fabr was right. 

Mom of man killed setting off fireworks on head: rules lax

The mother of a man who tried to launch a firework off the top of his head for July Fourth and was killed instantly said Monday she's advocating for stricter controls about who can use the explosives.

Devon Staples, 22, and his friends had been drinking and setting off fireworks Saturday night in a backyard in Staples' eastern Maine hometown, Calais, when the accident happened with a reloadable fireworks mortar tube, police have said.

Staples' mother, Kathleen Staples, said she is going to reach out to lawmakers about the possibility of tighter controls over fireworks. The state should consider requiring safety training courses before allowing someone to use them, she said. She compared fireworks with other regulated items such as cars and guns.

"At least it'd be a little bit more than, 'Here you go,'" Staples said. "That's an explosive. They didn't just hand me a license and put me in the car."

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/national-international/article26642224.html#storylink=cpy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up