www.DTSFab.com Desert Sand and Trail Fabrication for the off road enthusiast, driver, and builder - discussion forums, on line store, and advice - your one stop off road shop.

• June 23, 2017, 01:07:38 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Edge Products - member and sponsor of DTSfab.com - offering Australia and the USA buggy plans, parts and kitsets
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Ferguson MO RIOTS  (Read 2677 times)

Welcome to DTSfab.com. Please post a short introduction .

YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO VIEW PHOTOS / ATTACHMENTS.

We are very glad you found us. Membership is free to all.
If you like what you are reading why not sign up as a member so you can see all of what DTS has to offer?

For those that like a bit more risque,less PG atmosphere we have the VIP room for only $20.00 a year.

Whichever membership you choose you will find a wealth of information to help you along with your project whether it be for Desert Trail or Sand.

Please enjoy the site.

By the way; this pesky message goes away when you join! What are you waiting for? Join Now.

sandracer1

Ferguson MO RIOTS
« on: August 16, 2014, 12:05:09 PM »
So let me say before I start unloading that this is about the RIOTS not the PROTESTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yummi,
I will direct these comments directly to you since you seem to be twisting my words and implying things that I am extremely pissed about. And if you choose to censor my voice you are violating another one of my rights. Just like you have by suggesting I do not have the right to defend my home and family.
It is obvious to me you are ignorant to the situation here and what is truly going on. You are buying into the media hype and twisting.

Let me say it is tragic that this young man was gunned down unarmed.
When this story broke Mike Brown was portrayed (by his family and media) as an upstanding young man getting ready to start college.
Facts are he was involved in a strong armed robbery that very morning attacking a man half his size stealing some cigars. Unrelated to the killing but very relevant about his character. He was stopped for walking down the middle of the street like he owned the street. He was told to move to the sidewalk and refused and it is reported that he assaulted the officer trying to grab his weapon and a round went off in the squad car. Those facts will come out

First I said NOTHING about race, color, creed, or religion. YOU stated they were black people NOT ME. This alone is false, people of all colors were involved in the rioting and looting.

Second, The rioters are coming from other communities to take advantage of a situation. Ferguson residence are outraged by what is going on as well as Mike Browns family.

Let me ask you this Yummi, if someone comes to your house or community and is acting like this, will you shoot them to defend your home and family? If you say no, I say you are lying and foolish.
I fear no one and will gladly die defending either of the two!!!!!!

I am 40+ years old and my parents have friends of all colors, religions, and sexual preference. I was raised right and PREJUDGE NO ONE. But I will judge someone after I know them. Just as you have affected my opinion of you now. And my kids were raised the same way.
I have been going to work everyday since this started and standing next to people directly involved with the protests and riots. They run their mouths all day spewing foolish racist nonsense all day.
And they are allowed to do so. If I say ANYTHING about the situation I will be walked out immediately for saying anything and was told so directly. Why? Because I am white and am subject to reverse discrimination. It is sickening to me and honestly it is sickening to most people regardless of their color.
I have friends of all kinds and have always been this way and will continue to be.

So you sir have insulted and offended me beyond believe at this point by implying in anyway that color has anything to do with me defending my home and family or my opinion of what is going on here.
If a white man attempts to threaten my home or family I will shoot to kill, no regrets!!!!!!!

I find it sickening that the police are the ones being attacked for trying to keep the peace. Last night the police were instructed to let the rioters go to rob and burn businesses. And store owners had to stand in front of their stores with assault rifles defending their business. If anything would of went wrong the police would have been blamed for not being there.

The rioters have no respect for anything and deserve no respect in return. You sir have lost any respect I might have had for you as well. I am fully aware I will be banned from this forum for this post and this will show your true colors. I hope you leave this post for all to see. It will not be right to pull it down and leave the post that started this to tarnish my name.

You sir owe me an apology and need to do so for all to see. I will not tolerate the implication I am a racist or bigot.
As for your comment that they are human, yes they are but they are bad people who are a menace to society and people of all races are stating this and angry at them for taking the focus off of Mike Brown.

So I will continue to sight in and be prepared. God help ANYONE attempting to bring this crap to my community. All of my neighbors will be standing shoulder to shoulder with me.

So Yummi, I suggest you take a step back and look at your comments and evaluate HONESTLY what you implied and how you twisted my comment to start this thread. Let us see if you abuse your authority and silence my voice.

TO THE REST OF YOU ON THIS FORUM, I HAVE ENJOYED THE YEARS I HAVE SPENT ON HERE AND WILL SEE YOU ALL AT THE DUNES.
GOD BLESS YOU AND OUR FREEDOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandracer1  (Expert)

deano

• VIP
Re: Ferguson MO RIOTS
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:16:54 PM »
sandracer1  i see it the same as you ,  but riots for any reason is against the law .by the third  day State troopers should of taken over .if not national guards should. the Governor is chicken shit for not call for larger, bigger, arm force to get control at any way it takes . :police:  :police: 4: 9:

Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 01:39:05 PM »
on the road happy to get back to you tomorrow

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 04:11:20 PM »
Ummmmm,SR1,as said before there is no banning for opinions on this site. Please stop bringing it up for no reason. Have you been threatened with it in any way? If so,please let me know. It is ultimately MY choice  if it is done ,ever. Please step back,take a breath ,calm down, let's talk. You are fine.

"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

sandracer1

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 12:51:07 AM »
No I have not been threatened with it. I am furious with Yummis comments and his ignorance. And do not plan on stepping back on that situation. As for being banned I will not bring it up again. My opologies for bringing it up so often.

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 09:17:21 AM »
Unless there is some animosity that I do not know of between you and yummi,I sincerely feel there is a huge misunderstanding of the intent of yummi's posts.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

sandracer1

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 04:33:53 PM »
Unless there is some animosity that I do not know of between you and yummi,I sincerely feel there is a huge misunderstanding of the intent of yummi's posts.

I would not know Yummi from Adam and there is, or was, no animosity between Yummi and myself. I just find his comments insane that I should consider them (rioters) and their family if they were coming to my neighborhood and forcing me to defend my home and family. I would say "they" should consider their families before they threaten mine. If they enter my property it is shoot to kill. That is the end of it. That is my legal right. I do not know how it works in Cali. But that is how it goes in the Midwest.

I am, contrary to how it may appear, a passive and forgiving person by nature. So we will see how Yummi responds. And I am still waiting for that. So as for animosity that is up to Yummi to determine at this point.

Yummi

• Administration
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 05:07:04 PM »
First and foremost let me say this:  If you believe that your family is in danger I would suggest you find a safer place.  The noble idea defending your home and family is great behind a keyboard.  In application it is a bit trickery and best to be avoided if possible.  Trust me on this; picking up the pieces is a mess. 

So I thought about how to address this:

1. I could do nothing and not feed into it.
2. I could give you a fell good answer
3. I could dissect it and have some fun. 

I am a fun guy. 

So let me say before I start unloading that this is about the RIOTS not the PROTESTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yummi,
I will direct these comments directly to you since you seem to be twisting my words and implying things that I am extremely pissed about. And if you choose to censor my voice you are violating another one of my rights. 
Lets be clear here.  We are both guests' in Wes' house.  I pick up trash from time to time, but still a guest.  There is a limit that is acceptable, and from time to time that does get "censored."     

Just like you have by suggesting I do not have the right to defend my home and family. It is obvious to me you are ignorant to the situation here and what is truly going on. You are buying into the media hype and twisting.

I don't recall saying you could not defend your home and family?  I support that.  Most folks would not call me ignorant.  Some do when they disagree or can't make a logical argument.  Rarely do I buy media hype. I pretty well form my own opinion from a variety of sources.

Let me say it is tragic that this young man was gunned down unarmed.
When this story broke Mike Brown was portrayed (by his family and media) as an upstanding young man getting ready to start college.
Facts are he was involved in a strong armed robbery that very morning attacking a man half his size stealing some cigars. Unrelated to the killing but very relevant about his character. He was stopped for walking down the middle of the street like he owned the street. He was told to move to the sidewalk and refused and it is reported that he assaulted the officer trying to grab his weapon and a round went off in the squad car. Those facts will come out

Wait, I am perplexed.  You stated at the beginning this is about the riots?  If this is about the riots and not Mike Brown, why would you insert this?  The story on Mike Brown will come out.  I personally view this as three seperate events:  Brown, riots, reaction.  Despite your statement at the beginning it appears you view this as a single event?
First I said NOTHING about race, color, creed, or religion. YOU stated they were black people NOT ME. This alone is false, people of all colors were involved in the rioting and looting.

I also questioned whether you were discussing the cops.  I note the complete lack of reaction to possibly being a "cop-ists."  So I guess you elected to respond and identify yourself with respect to only the issue of black.  Your call. 

Second, The rioters are coming from other communities to take advantage of a situation. Ferguson residence are outraged by what is going on as well as Mike Browns family.

Let me ask you this Yummi, if someone comes to your house or community and is acting like this, will you shoot them to defend your home and family? If you say no, I say you are lying and foolish. I fear no one and will gladly die defending either of the two!!!!!!
"Sighting in" and the "I fear no one" rhetoric is part of the problem.  It does not serve the community that you wish to defend it is simply divisive.  Tell me exactly how that "defends" your community?

I am 40+ years old (Oh, happy birthday!) and my parents have friends of all colors, religions, and sexual preference. I was raised right and PREJUDGE NO ONE. But I will judge someone after I know them. Just as you have affected my opinion of you now. And my kids were raised the same way.
I have been going to work everyday since this started and standing next to people directly involved with the protests and riots. They run their mouths all day spewing foolish racist nonsense all day.
And they are allowed to do so. If I say ANYTHING about the situation I will be walked out immediately for saying anything and was told so directly. Why? Because I am white and am subject to reverse discrimination. It is sickening to me and honestly it is sickening to most people regardless of their color.
I have friends of all kinds and have always been this way and will continue to be.
My guess as to your question of "Why?" above is based on large part on the same temperament and lack of critical thinking you are displaying here.  You have drawn some conclusions on statements that are 180* from their intent.  Three times you have bemoaned being "banned."  No one has discussed that but you.  You are not a victim here.  You are likely not a victim of your boss or job but if you wish to portray yourself as that - it is your call.  My suspicion is that your boss is doing you a favor.  You will likly be well served to heed their advice.   

So you sir have insulted and offended me beyond believe at this point by implying in anyway that color has anything to do with me defending my home and family or my opinion of what is going on here.
If a white man attempts to threaten my home or family I will shoot to kill, no regrets!!!!!!!

I find it sickening that the police are the ones being attacked for trying to keep the peace. Last night the police were instructed to let the rioters go to rob and burn businesses. And store owners had to stand in front of their stores with assault rifles defending their business. If anything would of went wrong the police would have been blamed for not being there.

Well, these are the same police who imposed a media blackout, arrested reporters, approached "protesters" with tear gas and rubber bullets.  You make a clear distinction at the onset between "protesters" and "rioters."  Rioters clearly need law enforcement.  Protesters?  Not so much.      

The rioters have no respect for anything and deserve no respect in return. You sir have lost any respect I might have had for you as well. I am fully aware I will be banned from this forum for this post and this will show your true colors. I hope you leave this post for all to see. It will not be right to pull it down and leave the post that started this to tarnish my name.
My true colors?  I encourage healthy debate.  Same as Wes.  As to your respect?  Well, that is number 107/108 on my list of ninety nine problems.  I won't be losing any sleep.

You sir owe me an apology and need to do so for all to see. I owe you no such thing.  In fact the answer is "no." I will not tolerate the implication I am a racist or bigot. I told you to remember blacks and cops are humans before you shot them.  You seem to have the rest under control. As for your comment that they are human, yes they are but they are bad people who are a menace to society and people of all races are stating this and angry at them for taking the focus off of Mike Brown.

So I will continue to sight in and be prepared. God help ANYONE attempting to bring this crap to my community. All of my neighbors will be standing shoulder to shoulder with me.

So Yummi, I suggest you take a step back and look at your comments and evaluate HONESTLY what you implied and how you twisted my comment to start this thread. Let us see if you abuse your authority and silence my voice.   I did not start this thread.  You did. If you get that twisted from the interwebs; pull the plug. 

TO THE REST OF YOU ON THIS FORUM, I HAVE ENJOYED THE YEARS I HAVE SPENT ON HERE AND WILL SEE YOU ALL AT THE DUNES.
GOD BLESS YOU AND OUR FREEDOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandracer1  (Expert)
Have a great day.
BTW, it appears you became angered from my quoting of a post?  Pretty common practice on forums.  Little button that says "quote"  and helps people follow the conversation. 

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
I have many times been in the very small minority that sees a slightly different or perhaps broader picture than others. Often it has gotten some people a bit pissed at me. I agree nearly 100% with SR1. On the other hand I see the bigger pic that I think yummi is bringing up, is the amount of blame that can be attributed to the PD   for the reaction of many otherwise law abiding people. I am and have been for quite some time a non supporter of the militarization of our PD's across the country. All this military equipment being given to communities is first off a waste of taxpayer money . So much surplus should never have been produced or better yet properly mothballed for the shit that is sure to hit the mideast fan for real sooner or later. Secondly,there is in my opinion an underlying agenda to why there is so much military equipment and so many militarized PD's in this country. Full gov control at any given moment is easy with modern military equipment and control at your finger tips ready for immediate action. Do we really think it was not far off in Ferguson? Martial law? Repeat of the 60's?   I know,a bit rambling but a short ramble for me...............

Sr1,please,when ready let's continue this discussion calmly. As said before I think we all actually agree on most ,if not all, points here. Yummi included. He and I may just see it a bit more broadly with concerns about OUR freedoms in the coming years. Those concerns are probably not as much on the minds of those closest to the shit in Ferguson though and rightly so. They should be soon though as it could be you ,or me, that next time is met with tanks,tear gas,full military gear PD if we are ever in a position to need to protest. That time could come if the current erosion of our freedoms continue. The riots of the 60's were not that long ago and can well happen again as the gov continues to intrude into every effing thing we do.

Oh well,let's at least BS around the fire @ LS in a few weeks! See ya then. Wes/fabr

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 06:26:27 PM »
Before I forget it,I do not agree with the lawless rioters in Ferguson in the least. THOSE rioters need full prosecution for the theft and property damage when provable. THOSE effers need stopped NOW with National Guard units not militarized local police. The fricken police are SUPPOSED to be our friends. FRIENDS on the side of what is right,moral,legal.  Unfortunately many people ,including my white ass, have lost that trust and respect that I once had. Therefore ,it would have been bet for the local PD to have stepped back to other areas of town and the NG been brought in as at least a symbol of unbiased attempts to control the situation. Many may disagree with me.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

sandracer1

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 08:48:24 PM »
Yummi
Your comments show clearly how ignorant you are to the situation here.
Mike Brown being killed has everything to do with the rioting. It was the catalyst.
Your sources? They are???? My sources are the very people involved, standing next to me 5 days a week 10 hours a day.Did you forget this?, this is the city I live in (St.Louis) or use to until I did as you suggested, and moved away 17 years ago when my first kid was 2.
My comments of I fear no one is not rhetoric and if you new me you would now this. It does not divide my community it unites it. And defending my community from criminals such as the rioters, prevents loss of innocent life. Sighting in ensures when a piece of shit has a hold of my neighbor I can take him out without hitting my neighbor or friend. That is how it helps.
As for my boss. All whites are a victim in todays world when it comes to opinions and things i can say. I cannot spew foolish racist nonsense and get away with it. For that matter I cannot have my own opinion without being crucified for it. But if I was a black man or woman I can cry racism and victim for every little thing I do not like. How about a Caucasian college fund? Or a Caucasian only beauty pageant, please Yummi think about it. Victims today, please.
I am glad you will lose no sleep over my lack of respect, I really was not worried if you would to be honest.
You stated nothing about remembering that cops were people to. Your comment was the rioters were. I am pro people. I have been harrassed by cops in my day and my heart pounds when I get pulled over. Always for a traffic violation but the reality is cops are on high alert 100% of the time and suspect everyone. I feel it when they approach my vehicle and never challenge or disrespect them. I respect the uniform not always the man wearing it.
The interweb does not piss me off, someone who chimes in from across the country who is clueless about what is going on does.
So when the facts do come out and it is found that Mike Brown attacked the cop and was bumrushing him when shot and the nonsense being spun and blown up instigating the protest and rioting, I hope you look back on this and learn something. I would guess not.
So this is the end of this conversation for me. I have wasted enough time trying to unspin your comments and do not feel it is worth the time anymore.
Have a good day.

Yummi

• Administration
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 08:59:01 PM »
Yummi
Your comments show clearly how ignorant you are to the situation here.
Mike Brown being killed has everything to do with the rioting. It was the catalyst.
Your sources? They are???? My sources are the very people involved, standing next to me 5 days a week 10 hours a day.Did you forget this?, this is the city I live in (St.Louis) or use to until I did as you suggested, and moved away 17 years ago when my first kid was 2.
My comments of I fear no one is not rhetoric and if you new me you would now this. It does not divide my community it unites it. And defending my community from criminals such as the rioters, prevents loss of innocent life. Sighting in ensures when a piece of shit has a hold of my neighbor I can take him out without hitting my neighbor or friend. That is how it helps.
As for my boss. All whites are a victim in todays world when it comes to opinions and things i can say. I cannot spew foolish racist nonsense and get away with it. For that matter I cannot have my own opinion without being crucified for it. But if I was a black man or woman I can cry racism and victim for every little thing I do not like. How about a Caucasian college fund? Or a Caucasian only beauty pageant, please Yummi think about it. Victims today, please.

You keep being the victim.  That will get you far in life.  My guess is a bad attitude has held you down more so than your "victim" status. We had "Caucasian only" events for a long time.  That did not work out too well.  We are trying it a different way now.  Has the pendulum swung too far?  Possibly.  I mean heck, it made a "victim" out of you right?

I am glad you will lose no sleep over my lack of respect, I really was not worried if you would to be honest.
You stated nothing about remembering that cops were people to.

Reading is not your strong suit is it?  Slowly, out-loud and your lips moving if necessary. 

Now, on the riot deal:  "They" are humans.  "They" may be black humans, or you may be referencing the strong arm cops, but "they" are still human.  You know; wife, kids, hopes and dreams.  Much like you I suspect? 

Please remember that when you discuss shooting one of "them."
[/color]

Your comment was the rioters were. I am pro people. I have been harrassed by cops in my day and my heart pounds when I get pulled over. Always for a traffic violation but the reality is cops are on high alert 100% of the time and suspect everyone. I feel it when they approach my vehicle and never challenge or disrespect them. I respect the uniform not always the man wearing it.
The interweb does not piss me off, someone who chimes in from across the country who is clueless about what is going on does.
So when the facts do come out and it is found that Mike Brown attacked the cop and was bumrushing him when shot and the nonsense being spun and blown up instigating the protest and rioting, I hope you look back on this and learn something. I would guess not.
So this is the end of this conversation for me. I have wasted enough time trying to unspin your comments and do not feel it is worth the time anymore.
Have a good day.

I think you are making my point for me.  Thanks. 

sandycrack

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 09:28:49 PM »
Before I forget it,I do not agree with the lawless rioters in Ferguson in the least. THOSE rioters need full prosecution for the theft and property damage when provable. THOSE effers need stopped NOW with National Guard units not militarized local police. The fricken police are SUPPOSED to be our friends. FRIENDS on the side of what is right,moral,legal.  Unfortunately many people ,including my white ass, have lost that trust and respect that I once had. Therefore ,it would have been bet for the local PD to have stepped back to other areas of town and the NG been brought in as at least a symbol of unbiased attempts to control the situation. Many may disagree with me.

I totally agree with Fabr on this one.  Scares the hell out of me the militarization that is going on and people looking the other way.  The most amazing is the arming of FEMA?  I too will defend my house and family as needed.  Hell that's why I moved to the country to get out of such a concentration of people that can't seem to think for themselves.  Don't get me wrong I enjoy people, but when shit hits the fan it seems a lot of people make bad decisions and because so many are followers others just jump in and follow.

You smell that?

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 09:33:08 PM »
+1

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 06:49:05 AM »
It appears as more info flows out that the  :police: :police: was probably justified in the shooting.  But the whole mishandling of info, quickly in a compassionate manner is what most there are upset about.  Been several more shot, some on same street corner and no one knows there name.  :'(
We live in an instant world, with no time to wait for shit.  Me Me Me right damn now, everything must be 5 min ago. 

The rioting part is BS, and the police NOT protecting property is BS.  I'd bet many of those business owners are just as upset and maybe protesting too and yet the rioters steal and vandalize their businesses.  Protesting is a constitutional right, rioting is a crime.

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up