www.DTSFab.com Desert Sand and Trail Fabrication for the off road enthusiast, driver, and builder - discussion forums, on line store, and advice - your one stop off road shop.

• June 23, 2017, 06:00:18 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Edge Products - member and sponsor of DTSfab.com - offering Australia and the USA buggy plans, parts and kitsets
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: OK,Opinions on Tony Stewart Accident  (Read 1290 times)

Welcome to DTSfab.com. Please post a short introduction .

YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO VIEW PHOTOS / ATTACHMENTS.

We are very glad you found us. Membership is free to all.
If you like what you are reading why not sign up as a member so you can see all of what DTS has to offer?

For those that like a bit more risque,less PG atmosphere we have the VIP room for only $20.00 a year.

Whichever membership you choose you will find a wealth of information to help you along with your project whether it be for Desert Trail or Sand.

Please enjoy the site.

By the way; this pesky message goes away when you join! What are you waiting for? Join Now.

fabr

• Administrator
OK,Opinions on Tony Stewart Accident
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:08:54 AM »
My opinion is it was just an accident.

"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

odypilots

• Grunt worker
Re: OK,Opinions on Tony Stewart Accident
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 09:07:48 AM »
While I'm no fan of Tony, I can't imagine him going after the guy. I can see him refusing to turn away from the kid walking too close to his car, though. A dirt track is so uneven, it would be easy for the kid to slip, or Tony's car to jump a little. Just an horrible accident, IMO.

BDKW1

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:22:52 AM »
Kid was an idiot, fortunately he won't breed anymore.

sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 10:11:26 AM »
The kid was in Tony's blind spot due to the wing on the car. The wing is leaning forward to get down force and you have a bad blind spot on the front of the car. Tony is tall and would even make it worse.
I even watch the accident and that is what you call racing in my mind. I did not see tony try to take him out.

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 10:54:31 AM »
The kid was in Tony's blind spot due to the wing on the car. The wing is leaning forward to get down force and you have a bad blind spot on the front of the car. Tony is tall and would even make it worse.
I even watch the accident and that is what you call racing in my mind. I did not see tony try to take him out.
I agree,Dan. I've watched the vid at least a hundred times. REad literally hundreds of opinions. Gone back and looked for claimed actions and how the car acted. Most were completely incorrect. Many opinions were fro those that have never driven anywhere other than on the road and have zero idea how cars behave. I believe that many factors came together ,call it whatever you wish, but one fact is indisputable; the victim placed himself in a fools position and paid the ultimate price. Had he not been emulating so many other drivers ,just like TS is known for,throwing tantrums ,for the benefit of the crowd and to boost their own notoriety,he would be home today bitching about how TS is an asshole and  how he'll "get him" next time.  I ,like many of us, have several friends that are driver/owners and they ask me why I have never wanted to actually become part of their sport instead of the drag racing I did for sooooo long. My answer always was and is , I don't like the drama. I came to race and relax. It seems to me it's time for the roundy round crowd to just grow up.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:56:36 AM by fabr »

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 10:56:52 AM »
Only Tony knows if any intent was on his part.  Not really a Tony fan or foe, but he is a very professional driver.  And I'd say the only way he would want to beat your ass was on the track, over and over again.  Sport is dangerous enough w/o adding dumb acts to the mix (gettin out of car running into traffic kinda dumb) 

Freak Accident.

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 11:10:34 AM »
Not a big fan of TC but he is a good driver.  It would take a pretty cold hearten person to have intentionally ran someone down.  Weather he could not see him or he did and tried to miss him we will never know.  The one thing we do know is the racing world has lost a promising new up and comer and TC will have to live with it for the rest of his life.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

deano

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 11:22:12 AM »
fab; you speak the truth, i see it like if i had said it my self. bad accident . our own car jump ,hoop and surprise use each time we get in them.

dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 11:35:15 AM »
i don't follow that sport or really any sports i don't particitpate in cause it's no fun for me if i'm not participating lol but now all that i have read and seen on this is and always will be parts and pieces of the truth but never enough to pass judgment since with out all the facts or even half no one can possibly know. however i do look at it this way......when a deer runs out in front of you on the innerstate, it becomes road kill!!!!! now does the dumb animal do it intentionally or an instinct to run???? who knows but now a professional driver in the middle of a race ( caution or not) does the same thing..... well??!! ;)   nono nono  just how i look at it
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:37:49 AM by Dsrace »

Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Carlriddle

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 12:14:17 PM »
And the rear pass side tire is one wide mofo.  Stuck way far out there and just missing something with the front means you hit it with center of that rear.  And when Toney withdrew from driving Sun race that tells me he was tore up inside. 

dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 02:16:43 PM »
ya that rear is wide and he knew it hell both of them knew it and i don't doubt that he is tore up but still that guy ran out after him! he knowingly put himself in danger. it is a horrible thing to have happen but it did.

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 06:17:20 AM »
Has anyone been following the subject on GD.COM? I have. I don't visit the site but every few months. I do so for as long as I can stand the assholes that frequent there/. The current topic about TS is just a perfect example of what I'm talking about. The level of arrogance and just plain mean spirit is just appalling to say the least.  THe very reason we started DTS was to avoid such asses. Thank you DTS members for being mature adults unlike the few core idiots at GD.COM that ruin it for a lot of others.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Carlriddle

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 08:41:12 AM »
I read most of it.  Some of it I have to skim over because the BS is to deep and I dont want to get stuck in it.  Summertime shit stirring, because of nothing else to do?? 

Racing is a dangerous sport, probably why they require all the safty equipment?  And why there is big money as you move thru diff levels.  Same with football, boxing; the more dangerous and exciting the more we will pay to watch/attend.  Its the American way!!  We will not pay money to see who can blow the biggest bubble!

So I'm ready for sand season.

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 11:12:09 AM »
+1

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 11:18:52 AM »
yep 5.5 weeks!!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up