www.DTSFab.com Desert Sand and Trail Fabrication for the off road enthusiast, driver, and builder - discussion forums, on line store, and advice - your one stop off road shop.

• June 23, 2017, 06:12:36 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Arizona Transaxle - member and sponsor of DTSfab.com - offering member's discounts for transaxle repairs and drive line components including Mendeola, Albins, and Sandrail Bus Box (091)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Buggy Insurance-I CANNOT Believe THIS!!  (Read 1132 times)

Welcome to DTSfab.com. Please post a short introduction .

YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO VIEW PHOTOS / ATTACHMENTS.

We are very glad you found us. Membership is free to all.
If you like what you are reading why not sign up as a member so you can see all of what DTS has to offer?

For those that like a bit more risque,less PG atmosphere we have the VIP room for only $20.00 a year.

Whichever membership you choose you will find a wealth of information to help you along with your project whether it be for Desert Trail or Sand.

Please enjoy the site.

By the way; this pesky message goes away when you join! What are you waiting for? Join Now.

fabr

• Administrator
Buggy Insurance-I CANNOT Believe THIS!!
« on: May 22, 2014, 02:23:51 PM »
Like Fast and others with Foremostinsurance I got my double the cost bill from them. I called Allstate where I have everything else. Guess what? They DO insure dune buggies with a declared value.

Foremost                              Allstate
2006 Honda 400EX quad                  $348                                    $161   
2007 Honda 450R quad

2010 Buggy                                   $$892                                   $200 approx

I had to lower the ACV to $20000 from the $30000 I had on it from Foremost.   

I am much more concerned with the liabilty than collision so it doesn't bother me to save approx.$900 per year.                       

"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
Re: Buggy Insurance-I CANNOT Believe THIS!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 06:32:36 AM »
Crazy, that is an advatage to being street legal / vw based.  Mine is declared at 30k via AAA and is like 200.00 per year. 

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 07:26:23 AM »
I'm not street legal. That's what surprised the crap out of me. I didn't think Allstate would insure a non registered, purpose built vehicle,not raced or competed with,with only a declared value of $20K or less. I'm still stunned.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 08:08:26 AM »
I'm not street legal. That's what surprised the crap out of me. I didn't think Allstate would insure a non registered, purpose built vehicle,not raced or competed with,with only a declared value of $20K or less. I'm still stunned.

Yes we know there is no way in hell we can replace what we have for no 20k.  Heck or engine and trans package alone will come to that.  I need to call Allstate I'm still more then you fab with Foremost and a 20k

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 08:33:12 AM »
No,I can't replace current buggy for 20K but it would go a long way towards a new toy. I'd likely just buy a RZR or some similar vehicle. As far as the new buggy is concerned.......welll,I'll likely be forced to use Foremost to get  $80K+ declared. That premium $$ will hurt but not as much as losing a high dollar buggy would.
  Fast ,my just expired Foremost policy with $30K declared was only approx $300 ,new rates were $892.  Yours is/was higher than that ???

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 08:35:43 AM »
Yes we know there is no way in hell we can replace what we have for no 20k.  Heck or engine and trans package alone will come to that.  I need to call Allstate I'm still more then you fab with Foremost and a 20k
I was told that is why they cap declared value buggies @ $20K. It stops/limits the fraud that Foremost is feeling the effects of now.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 09:20:43 AM »
I was told that is why they cap declared value buggies @ $20K. It stops/limits the fraud that Foremost is feeling the effects of now.

Same old  bs1.  Lump everyone into one shoe.  One bad egg, everyone is a bad egg.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 11:08:33 AM »
You know I was the good egg and SAVED Foremost money when I should have just filed the claim and yes,I did expect to get thrown into the same bad egg  basket as the rest. Even though I did the "right" thing in my eyes but not many others eyes ,as I feel we all should,I'm not so naive to have thought it would make a difference in MY premiums.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 12:23:22 PM »
I still cant believe they'll cover damage to a toy we take out to play.  Theft, fire, damage in transport yeah I can see.  But what the hay, you can buy ins for anything.

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 12:35:51 PM »
You know I was the good egg and SAVED Foremost money when I should have just filed the claim and yes,I did expect to get thrown into the same bad egg  basket as the rest. Even though I did the "right" thing in my eyes but not many others eyes ,as I feel we all should,I'm not so naive to have thought it would make a difference in MY premiums.

So fabr. Our lesson for today.  Poop in one hand and put being a nice guy in the other and we still got two hands of poo.

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 12:56:55 PM »
I still cant believe they'll cover damage to a toy we take out to play. Theft, fire, damage in transport yeah I can see.  But what the hay, you can buy ins for anything.
I agree. I mean,what difference is there between racing and driving like a fool anyway? They won't insure race purpose vehicles. LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 12:57:15 PM »
So fabr. Our lesson for today.  Poop in one hand and put being a nice guy in the other and we still got two hands of poo.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 01:01:25 PM »
Glenn,you have a stellar credit score,I believe. I on the other hand have zero credit. I don't have a low score,I have NO score as I use ZERO credit personally or business.  I am proud of that fact. I do pay a penalty sometimes for being in a position of never needing a credit score though.They blamed my inflated rates THIS year on that. Didn't matter a lick the first 2 years though.
  What piss ass excuse did they give you for YOUR increase,fast?

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 01:15:53 PM »
Glenn,you have a stellar credit score,I believe. I on the other hand have zero credit. I don't have a low score,I have NO score as I use ZERO credit personally or business.  I am proud of that fact. I do pay a penalty sometimes for being in a position of never needing a credit score though.They blamed my inflated rates THIS year on that. Didn't matter a lick the first 2 years though.
  What piss ass excuse did they give you for YOUR increase,fast?

Same reasoning they gave you.  I have paid off three credit cards in the last five years and only have one open card.  Have had it since 1983 same numbers.  Ask where they were getting there info.  They said that my 900 score was not good enough and that I had had to many hits on my score.  Found out from the cc company that Foremost was one of the hits.  Go figure.  Every thing I own is paid for. one bizzness loan for my new vf1 at the bank. That's it. Total  bs1.

Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 01:24:40 PM »
Leason learned for the day; financed to the hip gets you better rates!!  Guess the figure you cant afford too much with all the payments you got, and since you dont owe anyone anything you must have tons of $$$ around.  Sounds like they are one step away from qualifing for a govt job position.

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up